Exercise Physiology is a natural approach to managing one’s health; using exercise as ‘medicine.’ Our Exercise Physiologist is an accredited full member of the Exercise and Sports Science Association (ESSA).
Lucy Ashby was awarded a Master of Clinical Exercise Physiology (Rehabilitation) in 2016 from Charles Sturt University after completing her Bachelor of Exercise Science. She is also a qualified and accredited Exercise Scientist.
Lucy is the current Program Manager of our newest program, Move4Medicine.
She is a certified Level 2 Kinetic Link Training Coach and a Level 1 Pilates Equipment Instructor.
Lucy is also a My Health for Life Facilitator.
Branyan Exercise Physiology services include:
- Chronic disease management with exercise prescription (including injuries/chronic medical conditions and disabilities)
- Health and physical activity and education
- Advice and support for lifestyle modification with a focus on achieving behavioural change
- Enhance wellbeing via exercise
- General dietary advice (based on current nutritional guidelines)
- HeartStart program
- Move4Medicine program
For more information: https://www.essa.org.au/Public/Professional_Standards/ESSA_Scope_of_Practice_documents.aspx.
Ask our friendly reception to book an appointment on (07) 4150 1800.
- Private health insurance rebates for Exercise Physiology processed through HiCAPS.
- Medicare rebate is available for eligible Medicare GPMP/TCA (GP Management Plan / Team Care Arrangement) referrals. There is a small gap between the Medicare rebate and our fees.
- DVA Health Cards (Gold and White) are accepted as payment upon a GP referral.