LungSmart Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
Pulmonary rehabilitation has been proven to help people breathe easier, improve their quality of life and stay out of hospital. Pulmonary rehabilitation is recommended as a non-pharmacological intervention for symptomatic patients with chronic respiratory disease, particularly those diagnosed with moderate – severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
LungSmart Pulmonary Rehabilitation is a comprehensive program of tailored exercise, education and support purposely designed for people with chronic lung disease.
Our program includes -
- Pre-program consultation with a LungSmart health professional
- Pre-program assessment and testing
- Eight (8) week program of twice weekly exercise sessions supervised by a physiotherapist experienced in chronic respiratory disease management and exercise prescription.
- LungSmart Wellness Series is an education series to help you learn about your lung condition, held regularly at Bundaberg Health Promotions Place.
- Post-program assessment and testing
Ask your Doctor for a referral to LungSmart Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
[Physiotherapist & Program Director – Pulmonary Rehabilitation – Simon Halloran] Allied Health Professionals
National and international guidelines for pulmonary rehabilitation:
David K McKenzie, Michael Abramson, Alan J Crockett, Eli Dabscheck, Nicholas Glasgow, Sue Jenkins, Christine McDonald, Richard Wood-Baker, Ian Yang, Peter A Frith on behalf of Lung Foundation Australia and the Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand. The COPD-X Plan: Australian and New Zealand Guidelines for the management of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease V2.32, 2012.