About Our Bundaberg Exercise Physiologist
Exercise Physiology is a natural approach to managing one’s health; using exercise as ‘medicine.’ Our Bundaberg Exercise Physiologist is an accredited full member of the Exercise and Sports Science Association (ESSA).
Bundaberg Exercise Physiologist Program Information
Lucy Ashby is an Accredited Clinical Exercise Physiologist and Exercise Scientist (AEP/AES – Exercise & Sports Science Australia ESSA). She was awarded a Master of Clinical Exercise Physiology (Rehabilitation) in 2016 from Charles Sturt University after completing her Bachelor of Exercise Science at Griffith University.
Lucy is passionate about the use of movement and education to prevent, manage and control both physical and/or mental health conditions. She believes that carefully and individually crafted movement prescription with ongoing education is the strongest facilitator of positive health gains. Lucy is not happy with a generalised approach.
Lucy likes to think outside of the box and quite often her treatments are not the conventional exercise physiology approach. Lucy believes in a unique, holistic approach to patient care which includes both the mind and body.
- Private Bundaberg exercise physiologist consultations for adults and children
- Service delivery:
Included but not limited to – assistance with chronic conditions with exercise prescription (including injuries/chronic medical conditions and disabilities, pending surgery preparation).
- Respiratory/pulmonary conditions
- Total knee replacements, gastric sleeve pending surgeries
- Younger clientele (self-esteem factors, obesity)
- Activity scheduling tailored to an individual
- Health and physical activity/education
- Advice and support for lifestyle medication with a focus on achieving behavioural change
- General dietary advice (based on current Australian Guidelines)
- Move4Medicine program
- SugarRight program
- Previous involvement in Heartstart program
She is a certified Level 2 Kinetic Link Training Coach and a Level 1 Pilates Equipment Instructor.
She has also had training in chronic pain management.
Lucy is the current Program Manager of our newest program, Move4Medicine.
Book an Appointment
Appointments may be scheduled privately or through a GP referral prior.
Ask our friendly reception to discuss and/or book an appointment on (07) 4150 1800.
- Private health insurance rebates for Exercise Physiology processed through HiCAPS.
- Medicare rebate is available for eligible Medicare GPMP/TCA (GP Management Plan / Team Care Arrangement) referrals. There is a small gap between the Medicare rebate and our fees.
- DVA Health Cards (Gold and White) are accepted as payment upon a GP referral.