Move 4 Medicine
Move4Medicine is Branyan Clinic’s newest program designed and supervised by an Accredited Exercise Physiologist especially for those with chronic diseases.
‘Move it or lose it’
Chronic diseases are the leading cause of ill health, disability and death in Australia.
Eligibility includes those that are at high risk or are currently diagnosed with one (1) or more chronic diseases. These may include but not limited to-
- Type 2 diabetes
- Obesity/metabolic syndrome
- Evidence based supportive group based exercise program.
- Small group sizes.
- Inclusion of education regarding nutrition and management of specific chronic diseases.
- Utilises psychological strategies such as motivational interviewing to engage the patient and set them up for success.
- Short duration – 45 minutes maximum.
- Indefinite period of time to engage in the program.
- Ability for a comprehensive review at the end of an eight (8) week period.
How can I enrol my patient?
- If your patient has type 2 diabetes, individuals may be eligible for a Type 2 diabetes Medicare care plan. This entitles individuals to an initial consultation and eight (8) subsidised group exercise sessions.
- If your patient is not a type 2 diabetic, individuals may be eligible for a TCA/GPMP for Exercise Physiology. Depending on the allocation, this may allow an individual to be subsidised for their initial and concluding assessments.
- We accept referrals under the DVA service.
We accept NDIS referrals.